Statements will show the amount of money in your paycheck, plus the value of benefits MIT provides for you and your family — such as your health and dental coverage, insurance and retirement benefits — as well as other benefits unique to your situation. Because this is the first time statements are being provided, they have been mailed to home addresses so they will not be missed; however, future statements will be made available electronically through a secure site.
If you do not receive a statement, it is most likely for one of these reasons:
- You weren’t eligible for benefits for all or part of 2011, or have lost eligibility in 2012;
- You were a Fellow or Visitor in 2011 or 2012;
- You retired or received a pension payment in the past;
- You were on unpaid leave in 2011;
- Your employment ended during 2012.