The MIT School of Humanities, Arts, and Social Sciences recently recognized the 2023 winners of the school’s Infinite Mile Award.
The awards salute members of the SHASS staff who have made exceptional contributions to their academic units, the school, and the Institute. These colleagues exemplify the spirit of going the extra mile in their roles and work on a regular basis, supporting their teams’ mission in diverse initiatives throughout the school.
Infinite Mile Award winners are nominated by their colleagues.
"Over and over again, the nominations emphasized that these are colleagues who go above and beyond to make this a place where working is fun and creative," says Agustín Rayo, Kenan Sahin Dean of the School of Humanities, Arts, and Social Sciences. "These are people who care deeply about their colleagues, and offer their support, whenever needed."
The winners of the 2023 SHASS Infinite Mile Awards are:
- Matthew Burt, Center for International Studies/MISTI, managing director, MIT-Korea Program;
- Maria DiMauro, Department of Political Science, director of administration and finance;
- Mary Grenham, Department of Linguistics and Philosophy, strategic advisor;
- Sarah Margolis, J-PAL North America, initiatives manager; and
- Joyce Roberge, Global studies and Languages Section, undergraduate academic administrator.