The event, sponsored by the MIT Joint Program on the Science and Policy of Global Change, is in celebration of the 20th anniversary of this interdisciplinary research program on issues of global environmental change, the 40th anniversary of Earth Day and in coordination with the MIT150.
John M. Reilly, co-director of the MIT Joint Program on the Science and Policy of Global Change, will moderate the event, which includes speakers:
- Kerry Emanuel, Breene M. Kerr Professor of Atmospheric Science; director, Program in Atmosphere, Oceans, and Climate (PAOC);
- Ronald Prinn, TEPCO Professor of Atmospheric Science; director, Center for Global Change Science; co-director, MIT Joint Program on the Science and Policy of Global Change;
- Chris Knittel, William Barton Rogers Professor of Energy Economics, MIT Sloan School of Management;
- Ernest Moniz, Cecil and Ida Green Professor of Physics and Engineering Systems; director, MIT Energy Initiative;
- Sarah Slaughter, associate director for buildings and infrastructure, MIT Energy Initiative