Barry M. Goldwater Scholarship--established to pay tribute to Senator Barry M. Goldwater and to foster and encourage excellence in science, mathematics and engineering
- Jennifer E. Yeh '09, Chemical engineering, Northridge, Calif.
Henry Ford II Award--to a senior engineering student who has maintained a cumulative average of 5.0 at the end of their seventh term and who has exceptional potential for leadership in the profession of engineering and in society
- Orian Z. Welling '08, mechanical engineering, Custer, Wisc.
Capers and Marion McDonald Award for Excellence in Mentoring and Advising--to a faculty member who has demonstrated a lasting commitment to the personal and professional development of the student body
- Professor Samuel Allen, Department of Materials Science and Engineering
Bose Award for Excellence in Teaching--established by Dr. Amar Bose to recognize an engineering faculty member whose teaching contributions over time are characterized by dedication, care, creativity and inspiratio
- Professor W. Craig Carter
MIT-CIMIT Medical Engineering Fellowship--to support the work of MIT engineering students who wish to focus their graduate studies in highly innovative yet classically under-funded areas of health-care research
- Olumuyiwa Ogunnika G, EECS, Bronx, N.Y.
- Faisal Kashif G, EECS, Bahawalpur, Pakistan
- Benjamin Rapoport G, EECS, New York, N.Y.
Junior Bose Junior Faculty Award for Excellence in Teaching--to the outstanding contributor to education from among the School of Engineering faculty members who are being proposed for promotion to associate professor without tenure
- Assistant Professor Jacopo Buongiorno, Nuclear Science and Engineering