About MIT News Office
The MIT News Office is part of the Office of Communications.
What We Do
- Promote MIT’s research, innovations, teaching and newsworthy events and people to the campus community, the news media and the general public;
- Communicate Institute announcements;
- Publish community news for MIT faculty, students, staff and alumni;
- Provide media services to members of the community, including advice on working with journalists;
- Respond to media inquiries and interview requests;
- Assist with film crew requests, including handling all necessary permitting;
- Handle public relations for major announcements, news conferences and symposia;
- Provide a public information office in emergencies and crises.
What We Publish
- MIT Home Page;
- News Office web site, featuring news articles, announcements, photos and video;
- MIT YouTube channel;
- Photographs and multimedia