Short Programs courses are closely aligned with industry needs and cutting-edge research from areas such as biotechnology/pharmaceutical, energy/sustainability/transportation, data modeling, imaging, innovation, leadership/negotiation, radar, robotics, systems engineering and more.
More than 900 professionals from the United States and abroad attend the courses every year — including scientists, engineers, technicians, managers, consultants and others from both the public and private sectors.
New courses offered in 2013 include:
- Advances in Imaging — July 29-30
- Build a Multi-Channel Search and Track Radar — August 5-9
- Engineering Leadership for Early Career Professionals — June 17-21
- Game Development for Software Engineers — August 5-9
- Mastering Innovation and Design-Thinking — July 8-10
- Materials by Design — June 17-20
- Negotiation in Scientific and Technical Fields — July 15-17
- Rapid Robotics: Autonomous Systems with Open Source Software — August 5-9
- Social Data and Networks — July 22-23
- Social TV: Architectures, Technologies, and Deployment — July 8-12