Harvey left the U.S. in 1936 and became a member of the Royal Institute of British Architects. In 1947, he returned and attended the Harvard Graduate School of Design, where he studied under Walter Gropius and graduated with a master’s in architecture in 1949.
Harvey joined MIT in 1967, and retired in 1983 as a staff architect and principal structural engineer in the Department of Facilities.
Donations in Harvey's memory can be made to Alzheimer’s Association, 311 Arsenal St., Watertown, MA 02472. Services and reception will be held at St. Peter’s Church on April 16, at 10:30 a.m.