- Michael Blaisse '09, Harrisburg, Pa.
Cunningham Scholar Fellow
- Shenwen Huang '10, Mayfield Heights, Ohio
William L. Stewart Jr. Award--Recognizes outstanding contributions to extracurricular activities and events during the year
- Johnathan Cromwell '09, Santa Clarita, Calif.
Genetech Scholar Award
- Timothy Humpton '10, Jamison, Pa.
The Robert T. Haslam Cup--The Robert T. Haslam Cup is awarded each year to a student who shows outstanding professional promise in Chemical Engineering
- Jacqueline Douglass '09, Memphis, Tenn.
The Roger De Friez Hunneman Prize--For recognition of outstanding scholarship in class and research
-Jason Whittaker '09, Wayland, Mass.
The Chemical Engineering Department Special Service Awards
- Kathryn Schumacher '09, Frederick, Md.
- Adekunle Adeyemo G, Ogudu Ojota, Lagos, Nigeria
- Joshua Allen G, White Bear Lake, Minn.
- Emily Chang G, Edison, N.J.
- Himanshu Dhamankar G, Mumbai, India
- Jyoti Goda G, Rourkela, India
- Patrick Heider G, Greenfield, Mass.
- Jaisree Iyer G, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
- Becky Ladewski G, Lawrence, Mass.
- Bradley Niesner G, Buda, Texas
- Michael Petr G, Wichita, Kan.
- Justin Quon G, Hockessin, Del.
- Yuxi Zhang G, Nanjing, Jiangsu, China
Edward W. Merrill Outstanding Teaching Assistant Award
- Jamila Saifee G, Tarzana, Calif.
Outstanding Graduate Teaching Assistant Award
- Vicki Dydek G, Arlington, Va.
Spring 2009 Outstanding Seminar
- Wayne Blaylock G, Crossville, Tenn.
Fall 2008 Outstanding Seminar
- Joseph Scott G, Royal Oak, Mich.
Chemical Engineering Outstanding Employee Award
- Rosangela Dos Santos, administrative assistant
Chemical Engineering Individual Accomplishment Award
- Beth Tuths, administrative assistant
- Steve Wetzel, manager of engineering facilities
Rock Award--Given to a deserving student for showing leadership on the athletic field
- Ming Yang, Nantong, Jiangsu China
A version of this article appeared in MIT Tech Talk on June 3, 2009 (download PDF).