Merck Fellow--in recognition of scholastic excellence
- Jennifer Yeh '09, Northridge, Calif.
Barry M. Goldwater Scholarship--established to pay tribute to Senator Barry M. Goldwater and to foster and encourage excellence in science, mathematics and engineering
- Jennifer E. Yeh '09, Chemical engineering, Northridge, Calif.
Robert T. Haslam Cup--to a student who shows outstanding professional promise in Chemical Engineering
- Nina Mann '08, Barrington, R.I.
Cunningham Scholarship--to a female engineering student in her junior year to promote women in engineering
- Jennifer Resvick '09, Clinton, N.J.
Roger de Friez Hunneman Prize--the oldest prize in the department, made annually to a Chemical Engineering senior
- Darren Verploegen '08
C. Michael Mohr Outstanding Faculty Award--to recognize excellence in teaching in undergraduate subjects
- Professor of Chemical Engineering and EECS Herbert H. Sawin
- Undergraduate Officer Barry S. Johnston
Edward W. Merrill Outstanding Teaching Assistant Award
- For 10.490 during the Fall 2007 term and 10.493 during IAP: Patrico Ramirez Munoz G, Santiago de Chile, Chile
- For 10.10 during the Fall 2007 term: Jit Hin Tan G, Singapore
Outstanding Graduate Teaching Assistant Award
- Amanda Engler G, Woodbury, Minn.
- Salmaan Baxmusa G, Concord, Calif.
Outstanding Seminar Presentation
- Fall 2007: Melanie Chin G, Cary, N.C.
- Spring 2008: Daniel Klein-Marcuschamer G, Mexico
Chemical Engineering Outstanding Employee Award--to an employee in the Department who has provided exemplary service to the department and its students
- Linda Mousseau, MIT staff, Cambridge, Mass.
Chemical Engineering Individual Accomplishment--for her extraordinary hard work and dedication
- Barbara Driscoll, MIT staff, Cambridge, Mass.
Special Service Awards--in recognition of her year as president of the student chapter of the AIChE
- Amanda Lanza '08, Melrose, Mass.
Rock Award--in recognition hard work to building team spirit through our department's IM sports
- Kevin Krogman G, Crescent Springs, Ky.
Outstanding Graduate Faculty Award--for 10.40
- Professor Daniel Blankschtein
Special Service Awards GSCx--in recognition of the year's hard work to build and support our department's community
- Mahriah Alf G, Marshfield, Wis.
- Miles Barr G, Independence, Mo.
- Daniel Bonner G, Westborough, Mass.
- Tanguy Chau G, San Francisco, Calif.
- John DeRocher G, Chaska, Minn.
- Michael Johnson G, Fairfield, Ohio
- Ben Chien Pang Lin G, Taikoo Shing, Hong Kong
- Jordi Mata-Fink G, Ann Arbor, Mich.
- Nicholas Musolino G, Allentown, Pa.
- Kevin Nagy G, Lawrenceville, Ga.
- Arvind Prabhakar G, Chennai, India
- Joseph Scott G, Royal Oak, Mich.
- Anita Shukla G, Wakefield, R.I.
- Kevin Solomon G, Mississauga, Canada
- Su Kyung Suh G, Pohang, South Korea
- Mitchell Tai G, Rochester, N.Y.
A version of this article appeared in MIT Tech Talk on June 4, 2008 (download PDF).