All students are mathematics majors unless otherwise indicated.
Jon A. Bucsela Prize in Mathematics--for distinguished scholastic achievement, professional promise and enthusiasm for mathematics
- Karola MÌ©szï¿½ï¿½ros '05, Szeged, Hungary
- Reid Barton '05, Arlington, Mass.
Charles W. and Jennifer C. Johnson Prize--to a graduate student in mathematics for an outstanding research paper accepted for publication in a major journal
- Thomas Lam G, Sydney, Australia, for his paper entitled "Ribbon Tableaux and the Heisenberg Algebra" to appear in Mathematische Zeitschrift.
Charles and Holly Housman Awards for Excellence in Teaching
- Andreas Malmendier G, Aachen, Germany
- Dragos Oprea G, Targoviste, Romania
- Bianca Santoro G, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Damiano Testa G, Rome, Italy
Clay Liftoff Fellowship for Summer 2005
- Vasiliy Dolgushev G, Tomsk, Russia
- Christopher Douglas G, Pasadena, Calif.
- Thomas Lam G, Sydney, Australia
A version of this article appeared in MIT Tech Talk on June 1, 2005 (download PDF).