Several information meetings for employees and retirees interested in MIT's new long-term care insurance plan, as well as quarterly investment reviews for MIT's Supplemental 401(k) Plan, are scheduled during the coming weeks.
The plan, which can help provide protection against the high costs of long-term care that can result from the effects of aging, illness, or a serious accident, will be offered starting December 1, 1999 through John Hancock Mutual Life Insurance Co. A special enrollment period is being held until December 3.
The information sessions with representatives from John Hancock and the MIT Benefits Office will be held at the following times. RSVP for on-campus meetings only at (888) 453-2030.
- Friday, November 5 -- 11am and 1pm, Student Center Mezzanine Lounge
- Monday, Nov. 8 -- 2pm and 4pm, Student Center 20 Chimneys
- Wednesday, Nov. 10 -- Lincoln Laboratory Auditorium, 10am and 3pm
- Monday, Nov. 15 -- 9am and 11am, Student Center Mezzanine Lounge
- Tuesday, Nov. 16 -- 10am and 2pm, Student Center 20 Chimneys
Anyone with questions about the plan or who would like additional enrollment materials may call the John Hancock Customer Service Center at (888) 453-2030, Monday through Friday from 8:30am-4:30pm. The TTY number for the hearing impaired is (800) 255-1808. There is also a web site for MIT employees. Enter the username "mit" and the password "jhancock."
Quarterly investment reviews for MIT's Supplemental 401(k) Plan will be held at the follwing times and locations:
- Tuesday, Nov. 9 -- 11:30am, Student Center Mezzanine Lounge
- Wednesday, Nov. 10 -- 9am, Wong Auditorium (Building E51)
- Wednesday Nov. 17 -- noon, Student Center, private dining rooms 1 and 2
- Tuesday, Nov. 16 -- 1pm and 3pm, Lincoln Laboratory Auditorium
Various other seminars will also be held throughout November and December. Information is also available on the Benefits web site.
A version of this article appeared in MIT Tech Talk on November 3, 1999.