Presentations will be online soon, but you can get a taste of the annual event by scanning the trail of tweets from selected sessions at a special ALC Twitter account. Most tweets were tagged #ALC2010. Here are sample tweets and posts:
Social Media Marketing
- Social Media: distribute the same content in social media, e-mail, print etc. Effort is not lost — medium needs to match audience.
- [Admissions' Kim] Hunter: Interviews are optional but important because increases admission chances because we know more about the student.
- Hockfield: Engaged in MIT2030 — a process of studying the campus that provides a format for our academic agenda to expand.
- [AA President Anne] Street: Have you seen PlanetMIT? Great tool especially when you travel.
- [Annual Fund chair Doug] Bailey: 70% of dollars come from 10% of donors.
- Why should alumni help propagate news office content? BC ppl have an emotional connection to MIT and sci and tech innov. Feels good.
- Email subject line tips: Mobile devices may truncate them; front-load critical words.