Highlights of IS&T’s fall 2010 offerings include
- Free one-hour sessions on MIT’s new online Request for Payment (RFP) form;
- Free one-hour iCal demonstrations;
- Free half-day courses on FileMaker Pro 11 Basics;
- A free 90-minute introduction to wikis at MIT;
- A half-day intermediate web publishing class, with a focus on styles ($75).
The IS&T Training Schedule also lists five user groups that meet monthly at noon in the N42 Demo Center: Excel, Mac Partners, Windows Partners, Mobile Partners and Web Publishing. These one-hour meetings are a great place to ask your colleagues questions and share knowledge about a specific area of computing. There’s often a featured presentation as well.
For a full list of user groups that meet on campus, see the User Groups at MIT page.