Eleven individuals and three teams were award recipients at the 2019 MIT Excellence Awards and Collier Medal ceremony on Friday, March 22.
Among the highest honors awarded to staff at the Institute, the Excellence Awards acknowledge our community’s extraordinary dedication to MIT’s goals, values, and mission, and recognize colleagues who excel in service to us all.
The Collier Medal honors the memory of Officer Sean Collier, who gave his life protecting and serving the MIT community nearly six years ago, and celebrates an individual or group whose actions demonstrate the importance of community.
The 2019 MIT Excellence Award recipients are:
- Mercedes Balcells-Camps, William H. Kindred, and the MIT Press Diversity and Inclusion Working Group Team in the category of Advancing Inclusion and Global Perspectives;
- Elizabeth DeRienzo and the International Students Office Team in the category of Bringing out the Best;
- Debby Carr in the category of Innovative Solutions;
- Chris Budny, Emily Gallagher, Shikha Sharma, and Claire Walsh in the category of Outstanding Contributor;
- Gerry O'Toole and Donyatta Small in the category of Serving the Client; and
- The Summit Farms Solar Power Purchase Agreement Team in the category of Sustaining MIT.
The 2019 Collier Medal recipient is Arman Rezaee, PhD candidate in the Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science in the School of Engineering.
Visit the MIT HR website for more information about the award categories, selection process, and recipients.