Do you have a colleague or know a team at MIT whose exceptional work should be acknowledged and celebrated? Whether it’s for promoting an inclusive workplace, collaborative problem solving, or taking the initiative to improve customer service, MIT Human Resources invites you to recognize that remarkable individual or team by submitting a nomination for the 2018 MIT Excellence Awards and Collier Medal.
The MIT Excellence Awards and Collier Medal are among the highest honors given to MIT employees as they acknowledge the extraordinary efforts made by members of the MIT community toward fulfilling the goals, values, and mission of the Institute.
The nomination period for the 2018 MIT Excellence Awards and Collier Medal is open through Friday, Oct. 13. This year, you have the opportunity to resubmit your nominations from 2017 with a new “resubmit” option. Visit the MIT Human Resources website to access the nomination form and instructions.
The MIT Excellence Awards and the Collier Medal represent MIT staff and the MIT community at their best. The seven award categories are:
- Advancing Inclusion and Global Perspectives: maximizing MIT's strengths;
- Bringing out the Best: everyday leadership throughout MIT;
- Innovative Solutions: collaborating for results;
- Outstanding Contributor: working behind the scenes (formerly known as Unsung Hero);
- Serving the Client: providing consistent and exceptional service;
- Sustaining MIT: meeting the needs of the present and future; and
- The Collier Medal: engaging with the community in service endeavors, in memory of MIT Police Officer Sean Collier.
Resources including award criteria, tips for writing a nomination, FAQs, information about the selection process, and previous award recipients, are available on the MIT Human Resources website.
Be sure to save the date for the 2018 MIT Excellence Awards and Collier Medal awards ceremony on Tuesday, March 13, 2018 at 3 p.m. in Kresge Auditorium. The entire MIT community is welcome to attend.
If you have any questions, contact Cori Champagne at 617-253-5986 or at email@example.com.