MIT Portugal Program, an initiative of the Foundation for Science and Technology (Fundação para a Ciência e a Tecnologia, or FCT) in Portugal, is a strategic partnership between Portuguese universities and research centers, the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, and partners from industry and government. Launched by the Portuguese government in 2006 and renewed in 2013, its goal is to strengthen the country’s knowledge base and international competitiveness through a strategic investment in people, knowledge, and ideas in innovative technology sectors. One of our main goals is to provides world-class training — including real-world preparation for future employment — in leading-edge areas of engineering, management, and policy to top students who seek to become leaders in technological innovation.
Within this context, MIT Portugal and FCT are launching the call for 40 PhD scholarships, taking place in Portugal and at MIT in Cambridge, Massachusetts, under the terms of the following international PhD programs:
- Bioengineering Systems
- Leaders for Technical Industries
- Sustainable Energy Systems
- Transportation Systems
Applications are also open for the following advanced courses:
- Bio Engineering Systems (Advanced Studies)
- Sustainable Energy Systems (Executive Masters and Diploma of Advanced Education)
- Technology Management Enterprise (Executive Masters)
- Complex Transport Infrastructure Systems (MSc)
For students with an international outlook seeking to develop a systems approach to their research and career development, these programs offer a special opportunity to engage with the best that MIT and Portugal have to offer.
Deadlines for applying to the programs:
- Doctoral Programs: April 15th 2015, 5pm GMT;
- Advanced Courses: June 15th 2015, 5pm GMT.