CAMBRIDGE, MA – Tomorrow, members of the MIT community, academia and government officials, and local business leaders will share their thoughts on the importance of advanced manufacturing in our regional economy at the MIT-Commonwealth of Massachusetts Regional Forum on Advanced Manufacturing Innovation, at MIT’s Ray & Maria Stata Center. The forum is a product of President Barack Obama’s Advanced Manufacturing Partnership Steering Committee “2.0” (AMP 2.0), a national initiative to secure US leadership in emerging manufacturing technologies that will create high-quality manufacturing jobs and enhance America’s global competitiveness.
The event, which is one of several regional AMP 2.0 meetings taking place across the country this spring, will feature remarks by MIT President L. Rafael Reif, a co-chair of AMP 2.0, and U.S. Senator Ed Markey, who will share his views on the importance of advanced manufacturing in our regional economy.
Bookending private meetings from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. will be morning remarks on the Commonwealth’s goals and plans for advanced manufacturing, the federal perspective on regional manufacturing, and details about the MIT Innovation Initiative, followed by afternoon panel discussions on growing advanced manufacturing companies to scale and workforce education.
A full agenda and additional speaker details are available here: http://ilp.mit.edu/conference.jsp?confid=111
• Ed Markey, U.S. Senator
• Gregory Bialecki, Massachusetts Secretary of Housing & Economic Development
• L. Rafael Reif, MIT President
• Phillip Singerman, Associate Director for Innovation and Industry Services at the
• National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
• Fiona Murray, MIT Associate Dean for Innovation
WHEN: Friday, May 16th
9:00 a.m. – 3:45 p.m. (Registration from 8:00 a.m.)
• 9:00 a.m.: Remarks from L. Rafael Reif, Gregory Bialecki, Phillip Singerman and Fiona Murray
• 9:30 a.m.: Innovative Cross-Cutting Manufacturing Technology Relevant to Our Region
o Digital Manufacturing, Visualization & Informatics
o Advance Sensing, Measurement and Process Control
o Advanced Materials Manufacturing
o Industrial Robotics
• 11:00 a.m.: Advanced Manufacturing in Our Regional Economy
o U.S. Senator Ed Markey
• 1:15 p.m.: Growing Advanced Manufacturing Companies to Scale
o Representatives from NIST, Ambri, Siemens Venture Capital, Flagship Venture, Harvard Business School
• 2:30 p.m.: Panel Discussion on Workforce Education
WHERE: Kirsch Auditorium (First Floor)
Ray & Maria Stata Center
32 Vassar Street
Cambridge, MA 02139
Please contact Sarah McDonnell at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-253-8923.