Photonic materials will be the focus of this year’s Materials Day event, which will take place on Wednesday, Oct. 23 from 8:00 a.m. - 3:15 p.m. in Kresge Auditorium (W16). A poster session will follow from 3:30 p.m - 5:30 p.m. at the Stratton Student Center's Sala de Puerto Rico.
The conference is free of charge and open to the entire MIT community, but space is limited and registration is required.
This year’s Materials Day presenters are:
- Dr. Julie Brown, senior vice president and CTO, Universal Display Corp.
- Yoel Fink, director, Research Laboratory of Electronics and professor, MIT Department of Materials Science and Engineering
- Dr. Vanita Mani, technology leader, Energy Storage & Conversion Materials, GE Global Research
- Lionel Kimerling, director, Microphotonics Center and professor, MIT Department of Materials Science and Engineering
- Marin Soljacic, MIT professor, Physics
- Dr. Alice White, professor and chair, mechanical engineering, Boston University
- Vladimir Bulovic, director, Microsystems Technology Laboratories, and MIT professor of electrical engineering