The Brazil-MIT Forum brings together leaders from Brazil and MIT to seek solutions to common challenges. Sponsored by Santander Universities and hosted by the MIT-Brazil Program, the inaugural meeting will be held at MIT on April 14-15.
Energy. Environment. Entrepreneurship. Policy innovation. Twenty-first century challenges provide opportunities to think together. The Forum aims to foster Brazil-MIT collaborations that will bring about scientific and technological advances of global significance.
- Susan Hockfield, president of MIT
- L. Rafael Reif, MIT provost
- Jorge Moran, president and CEO, Sovereign Bank; country head, Santander U.S.
- Edvaldo Morata, chief of staff and head of corporate banking at Sovereign Bank
- Marina Silva, former senator, former minister of the environment, Brazil
- Fernando Haddad, minister of education, Brazil
- Sergio Rezende, former minister of science and technology, Brazil
- Pedro Moreira Salles, chairman, board of Itaú Unibanco Holding, Brazil
- Persio Arida, managing partner, BTG Pactual, Brazil