The Institute will be closed on July 5 to observe the holiday.
For those planning to come to MIT on Sunday, July 4, to view the fireworks on the Charles River, please be aware of the following:
- No parking on Memorial Drive between Massachusetts Ave. and the Longfellow Bridge beginning at 12:01 a.m. (vehicles will be towed)
- The Longfellow bridge will be closed Boston bound at 12 noon, Cambridge bound at 4:30 p.m.
- Memorial Drive will be closed in both directions at 4:30 p.m.
- Access to Wadsworth, Hayward, Carleton and Ames streets will be limited to vehicles with MIT parking stickers beginning at 4:30 p.m.
- The Massachusetts Ave. bridge will be closed in both directions at 6 p.m.
For complete road closure, pedestrian and traffic information: