Benefits Open Enrollment for MIT employees is right around the corner (it begins this Monday — Nov. 1). Before the open-enrollment period opens, take a moment to review this list to make sure you're prepared
- Note the date: Employee Self Service is open for Benefits Open Enrollment on Monday, Nov. 1, 2010 at 9 a.m. and closes on Friday, Nov. 12, at 4 p.m.
- Click here for easy access to the 2011 health-plan rates.
- Watch four short videos to learn more about Open Enrollment.
- Visit the MIT Medical website to choose an MIT Medical primary care provider and the Blue Cross Blue Shield website for MIT Choice providers.
- Plan ahead: For those faculty and staff who will be out of the country during Open Enrollment, you can still enroll online if you have access to a computer. If not, contact Benefits via email@example.com or 617-253-6151.
- To find copayment and deductible information, click here.
- Consult the Open Enrollment checklist to make sure you’ve considered all your options.
- Bring your ID card the first time you visit any healthcare provider. You will receive your new ID card(s) by Jan. 1, 2011.
- Get a referral. With both MIT Traditional and MIT Choice health plans, you’ll need a referral from your primary care provider for most visits to other providers.
- Sign up for a Flexible Spending Account — you have to do this every year even if you had one last year.
For more information, visit the Open Enrollment website.