The new MIT Sloan School of Management building, which officially opens its doors this week, includes a wonderful new dining venue for the Institute.
Located on the first floor, the 100 Main Marketplace is MIT’s most comprehensive retail food location, serving the Sloan School and the surrounding MIT community. The Marketplace offers a cornucopia of prepared and made-to-order menus, including:
- A café featuring Starbucks coffee, cappuccino, and other specialty coffee drinks
- A full grill serving hot breakfast, as well as burgers and other lunch favorites
- A large deli with Panini presses and made-to-order sandwiches
- A sauté station
- Traditional and international hot entrees
- Hand-made flatbread pizzas
- A large central soup and salad bar
Both the grill and deli stations have dedicated equipment for meat and vegetarian menu integrity. The adjacent 200-seat Siteman Dining Room offers beautiful views of the Charles River and Boston skyline.
The Sloan School’s new home is the greenest building on campus, and the food service takes a “green” approach, as well. Like the building itself, the 100 Main Marketplace is focused on energy efficiency utilizing many of the latest equipment advances in the industry as well as employing other sustainable menu and environmental initiatives. The operation will provide china service, compostable takeout service, and the first retail-based reusable takeout exchange program.
100 Main Marketplace is open from 7:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday to Thursday, and 7:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Friday. For more information, visit the Campus Dining website.