As of July 1, all employees and dependents who are enrolled in any MIT employee health plan (not MIT Traditional or MIT Flexible) can get some tests and exams at MIT Medical in Cambridge.
What visits and services are included?
- Urgent Care
- This includes lab and X-ray services at MIT Medical related to the Urgent Care visit
- Bone density tests
- Tests ordered by your outside provider, including fasting blood panels and standing orders
- Routine eye exams (copayment required)
- Follow-up appointments to check for correct fit of glasses or contact lenses
- Purchase of contact lenses through the Eye Service
- 25 percent discount on purchases of eyeglasses from MIT Optical when prescribed by Eye Service
What are the advantages of getting services at MIT Medical?
- Convenience — If you work at MIT but your medical facility isn’t close to campus, you’ll save time by having some of your routine or repeat visits done here, including:
- Annual mammograms
- Repeat blood tests and other standing orders (for example, to monitor patients taking Coumadin)
- Follow-up blood tests after visits to your regular outside doctor
- Bone density scans (often used to check for signs of osteoporosis)
- No copayments (except for initial eye exams)
- 25% discount at the recently expanded MIT Optical on eyeglasses with a prescription from MIT Medical's Eye Service.
For more information about eligibility and making appointments, see this article on MIT Medical website.